Garfield Park Behavioral Hospital offers a comprehensive inpatient mental health treatment experience for children and teens, ages 5-17, including:
- Individual, group and family psychotherapy
- Trauma-Informed Care trained staff
- Expressive and activity therapies
- Social work services including coordination of care and discharge planning
- Medication evaluation and management
- Individualized mental health treatment planning and weekly multi-disciplinary staffings
- Fully accredited educational programming and coordination with schools
In addition, patients may also receive:
- Psychological evaluations
- Nutritional assessment and consultation
- Aftercare coordination for substance abuse
- Relapse prevention planning
Psychological Evaluation Services
Patients at Garfield Park Behavioral Hospital have the opportunity to benefit from psychological evaluations, completed during their stay, should their psychiatrist request. These services can aid in the formulation of diagnosis, treatment planning and long term stability planning. Garfield Park Behavioral Hospital’s on-site psychology department is involved in program and group development and actively participates in individualizing patient’s treatment as needed.
Our inpatient pediatric program has specially trained teams that are experts at working with children ages 5 to 11. This unit is specifically set up to provide a caring and nurturing environment for our youngest patients. The program is designed to build character and give children more insight on life lessons and the ability to make better choices.
The treatment team utilizes art, movement and play therapy to encourage positive behaviors and choices while teaching age appropriate social skills and feelings management.
Our inpatient adolescent program is designed to address the specific needs of youth, ages 12 – 17. The treatment team uses positive reinforcement to build self-esteem and increase healthy behaviors while addressing limit setting and self-discipline. Through the use of collaborative problem solving, the adolescents take responsibility for their behaviors and actively engage in making healthier choices. Treatment focuses on three core skill areas including:
- Emotional Regulation
- Promoting Safety
- Relationship Building